China on Thursday rolled off the production line a prototype magnetic-levitation train with a designed top speed of 600 km per hour in the eastern city of Qingdao.
- People commemorate ancient China's philosopher Mencius and Mencius' mother in Shandong
- Dragon and lion dance competition held in Linyi, east China's Shandong
- Jinan Metro Line 1 starts commercial operation in China's Shandong
- China's coastal province Shandong unveils bln-dollar infrastructure plan
- China's Shandong to build barrier-free environment in public places
Chinese President Xi Jinping and his wife Peng Liyuan attended the carnival, a major event of the ongoing Conference on Dialogue of Asian Civilizations, together with foreign guests.
Chinese anti-graft TV drama In the Name of Peoplebecame TV's champion Tuesday night after its first episode pulled in 2.41 percent of total viewers, according to CSM Media Research.
Twitter users were celebrating this week that handles starting with the @ symbol would no longer be counted in their precious 140-character limit.
China's box office revenue stood at 4.5 billion yuan (around $680 million) in July, down 18 percent year on year, the first decrease in five years.
It took the museum staff seven years to count the 1.86 million items in the collection.
Currently, WeChat mini-programs are mainly for users who only need the service at a specific moment, and won't need to access it again later or receive push notifications.
- Highlights of Women's Ready-to-Wear fashion week
- The restoration of an ancient Beijing alley
- Milan Fashion Week flies into more modern, young generation by showcasing global emerging brands
- Chinese screenplay of 'Fantastic Beasts' to go on sale in April
- Miss Latovia wins global champion of 2016 Miss All Nations
- Underwater kissing contest held in Shanghai